This chicken is coated in an almond meal (aka almond flour) crust that is both 100% paleo and gluten free. After a bake in the oven it’s dunked in a deliciously sticky sweet and spicy sauce. Sweet & Spicy Paleo Chicken Fingers: recipe here
In order to ease the blow of Tax Day, a slew of restaurant chains and retailers are serving up free, discounted foods and coupons on Wednesday April 15. But read carefully: There are some silly stipulations that you might have to follow in order to grab your free stuff. Enjoy!
HARD ROCK CAFE: Calling all karaoke enthusiasts. Sing for your supper and get a FREE Local Legendary Burger, specifically, an entire rock song (lyrics will be provided) onstage.
BOSTON MARKET: 2 for the price of 1 meals. On any items including a whole sandwich, salad bowl or other entree option.
ARBYS: FREE Jalpaeno hushpuppies (this is right up our alley).
PIZZA HUT: Pizza Hut has a gimmick where customers file a “P-2″ form and customers get a gift card in the amount of your “net pizza return.”
In addition to Tax Day food freebies and deals, GOBankingRates also found a number of offers from retailers. We found the most offers on apparel, as well as sports and outdoor gear, books, and office suppliers.
Alloy: A RetailMeNot-exclusive code, AVDRMN, gets shoppers 15 percent to 30 percent off purchases, with shoppers saving more as they spend more. Offer valid through April 30.
Ann Taylor: Get 25 percent off full-price items with the coupon code ANNT3BE, good through April 30.
Babies”R”Us: Shoppers can use this coupon to get $8 off Pampers or Huggies value boxes of diapers, valid through April 30.
Barnes & Noble: With taxes out of the way you might have time to catch up on your reading. If so, use coupon code X8W8L3A when shopping online to get 20 percent off a single item through May 1; exclusions apply.
Bon-Ton: Use this coupon to get $25 off when spending $75 or more through April 30.
Cabela’s: Shoppers can save online only during the Cyberwalk Sale, which has sporting gear and outdoor equipment marked down up to 60 percent through April 15.
Carter’s: Get 25 percent off purchases of $40 and up with code OKSP1514.
Dress Barn: Get 20 percent off a purchase by using promo code MMAR20 through April 21.
Express: Use coupon code 9068 online or this coupon in store to get 15 percent off through April 30. Some exclusions apply.
Finish Line: Through April 30, get $10 off purchases of $100 or more with coupon code APRIL10.
Foot Locker: Get 10 percent off when spending $50 or more online when you use code LKS10AFD through April 30.
Gap: Shoppers will get $25 of GapCash for every $50 spent through April 26 that can be redeemed May 13 through May 17.
HydroMassage: You can get a free HydroMassage experience with this coupon, valid April 13 through April 17.
Justice: Get 40 percent off an entire purchase through April 16 by presenting this coupon at checkout.
L.L.Bean: Get a $10 gift card for every $50 spent through April 19.
Lane Bryant: Save up to $75 with code APRILGCLB through April 22. Savings are tiered by purchase minimums; spending $75 yields a $25 discount, $150 gets you $50 off or $75 off $225.
1. We freakin’ love garlic. When a recipe says “A clove” we read “A bulb.” Our breath could keep up to three states clear of vampires after a meal. Which is precisely why we dig this recipe for Roasted Garlic & Gruyere Cheese Toasties. (RECIPE)
2. Grilled cheese is probably my favorite comfort food. Served with Campbell’s Cream of Tomato Soup and I am back to being a kid again. It’s the simple things; cheese, bread, and butter, all melted together, to make one gooey, beautiful feast; that make me sit back and say, “aaahhh… life is good.” Then when you add apples and bacon to the mix, it only gets better. Of course, doesn’t everything get better with bacon? (RECIPE)
3. Why don’t sweet potato and melted cheese go on dates more often? They’re perfect together. (RECIPE)
4. Sometimes you need to tuck your napkin into your shirt and look like a rich, stuffy old man when you eat. This would be one of those times. Between the bacon grease and the guacamole, you could wind up with part of this sandwich on your t-shirt. You’d then have to eat that t-shirt. (RECIPE)
5. Chocolate and Cheese – seriously? Why does this sound insanely good? The combination of sweet, bitter and savory all in one mouthful makes me salivate uncontrollably. Going to make this now. Goodbye! (RECIPE)
Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Remove sausage, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet.
Whisk flour into hot drippings until smooth; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk, and cook, whisking constantly, 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened. Stir in sausage, salt, and pepper.
1. Before eating the spicy food, eat something sweet and cold, such as ice cream or fruit.
2. Put sugar in your mouth, and suck on it for about 20 seconds.
3. Drink milk or another dairy product.
4.Drink beer. The carbohydrates in the beer also coat your tongue and decrease the heat levels.
5. Eat something light and fluffy, such as wheat products, bread, muffins, bagels, etc.
6. Chew a good sized slice of lemon or lime with the skin to take away the spiciness. The oil from the citrus skin will strip the oil of the chili from your tongue.
7. Eat tomatoes.
Do not drink plain water because water simply spreads the capsaicin around on your tongue.
Do not suck out all the saliva!! That helps cool you down too.
This Spicy Chipotle Hot Chocolate Recipe is great for winter weather and the holiday season. Filled with sugar and spice and everything nice! Feel free to replace the whole milk with your choice of almond or soy. You can top this off with a dollop of real whipped cream and sprinkle some chipotle and cinnamon on top.
In a medium sauce pot, heat milk on low and simmer. Once milk is heated, add the semi-sweet chocolate chips and stir until melted.
Mix in the chipotle and cinnamon and stir until well combined. Mix vigorously to help the ground spices dissolve. Remove from heat, pour into a large measuring cup with a spout for easier pouring or individual cups ready for serving.
For a less rich drink, use less semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Photo & recipe courtesy of http://www.sweet-remedy.com/