JAM FILLED THUMBPRINT COOKIES
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 large egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 ounces (or so) assorted jam – try our Hot Licks Raspberry Jam or Blackberry Habanero
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Beat together butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla extract. Add flour and salt and mix until incorporated and dough comes together in a ball.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls and arrange on prepared baking sheet. Flatten balls slightly with your thumb or the back of a small spoon, leaving an indentation in the center.
- Bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes or until bottoms are just barely golden. Remove baking sheet from oven. If indentations look shallow, further define them with the back of a spoon and then fill each with approximately 1/2 teaspoon jam. Bake for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, or until jam melts slightly and edges of cookies are lightly golden. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.
- Recipe and photo by www.loveandoliveoil.com
GRILLED CHEESE WITH BACON & JAM
1 pound Bacon, cut into ¾-inch pieces
1½ cups diced onion
Spicy Hot Licks Blackberry Habanero Jam
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Good quality white bread
6 oz Brie cheese, sliced
- Butter the outsides of each of the pieces of bread. Place a slice of cheese on the unbuttered side of 4 pieces of the bread. Spread some of the bacon and jam on top of the cheese. Divide the Brie between the sandwiches and layer on top of the jam, followed by a slice of American cheese. Place the remaining bread on top of the cheese, buttered side out.
- Heat a griddle over medium-low heat. Cook the sandwiches until golden brown and the cheese has melted. Enjoy!
JELLY FILLED DONUTS
2 tablespoons active dry yeast
1/2 cup milk (100 degrees to 110 degrees)
1/3 cup + 1 teaspoon sugar
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 large egg yolks
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
2 teaspoons salt
3 cups vegetable oil
1 cup spicy Hot Licks Raspberry Jam
- Place yeast, warm milk, and 1 teaspoon sugar in a small bowl. Set aside until foamy and doubled in size, about 15 minutes.
- Place flour in a large bowl. Create a well in the center and add eggs, yeast mixture, 1/4 cup sugar, butter, and salt. Using a wooden spoon, stir dough starts to come together and is sticky. Flour a work surface and knead until dough is smooth, soft, and bounces back when poked with a finger, about 8 minutes (add more flour if necessary). Place in a lightly oiled bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Set in a warm place to rise until doubled, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Lightly flour a work surface, roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a 2 1/2-inch-round cutter, cut 20 rounds. Cover with plastic wrap; let rise 15 minutes.
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, heat oil until a deep-frying thermometer registers 370 degrees. Using a slotted spoon, carefully slip 2 rounds into oil. Fry until golden, about 40 seconds. Turn doughnuts over; fry until golden on other side, another 40 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper-towel-lined baking sheet. Roll in sugar while warm. Fry all dough, and roll in sugar. Fill a pastry bag fitted with a #4 tip with jam. Using a wooden skewer or toothpick, make a hole in the side of each doughnut. Fit the pastry tip into a hole, pipe about 2 teaspoons jam into doughnut. Repeat with remaining doughnuts.