SLOW COOKER CHEX MIX
Did you know that your favorite homemade Chex Mix recipe can be made in the slow cooker? Give it a try!
- 9 cups Chex cereal (I used equal parts corn, rice, and wheat Chex)
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 cup Cheerios
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1/3 cup (6 Tablespoons) butter, melted and hot
- 1 Tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon (or more depending on your spicy preference) of your favorite chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
Add cereal, pretzels, cheerios and peanuts to the bowl of a slow cooker.
In a separate bowl, whisk together butter and seasoned salt, chili powder until the salt is dissolved. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce until combined.
Drizzle the sauce evenly over the top of the cereal mixture. Toss for about 1 minute, or until the mixture is evenly combined.
Cover and slow cook on low for 3 hours, stirring at the 1 hour, 2 hour and 2.5 hour marks so that the mixture does not burn. Then spread the mixture out onto a few baking sheets or parchment paper in an even layer until it cools to room temperature. Serve, or store in a sealed container for up to 3 weeks.
Original recipe and photos courtesy of Gimme Some Oven: http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/slow-cooker-chex-mix-recipe/