- 1/4 cup(s) dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon(s) Asian sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground red pepper , cayenne
- 1 (about 3 1/2 pounds) cut-up (8 pieces) chicken , skin removed from all but wings if you like
- 1/3 cup(s) hotlicks XXX hot sauce or your favorite hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) sesame seeds
- In large bowl, stir sherry, sesame oil, five-spice powder, and ground red pepper.
- Add chicken to spice mixture and toss until evenly coated. Cover bowl and let stand 15 minutes at room temperature, turning chicken occasionally.
- Prepare charcoal fire or preheat gas grill for covered direct grilling over medium heat.
- Place chicken on hot grill rack. Cover grill and cook chicken 20 to 25 minutes or until juices run clear when thickest part of chicken is pierced with tip of knife, turning pieces over once and removing pieces to platter as they are done.
- In small bowl, mix your favorite hot sauce and soy sauce. Brush mixture all over chicken and return to grill. Cook 4 to 5 minutes longer or until glazed, turning once. Place chicken on same platter; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Original recipe by DELISH.com