Original recipe makes 4 serving
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons cracked black pepper, or to taste
1 pound lean beef sirloin tip, sliced into 1/8 inch strips
1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup soy sauce1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 5 tablespoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste (optional)
- In a small bowl or cup, mix together the onion powder, garlic powder, and some cracked black pepper. Season the meat lightly, using only part of the mixture. Reserve the remaining spices. Place into an airtight plastic container or bowl, and refrigerate.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix together the brown sugar, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, liquid smoke flavoring and pineapple juice. Heat until the brown sugar has completely dissolved. Refrigerate marinade until cool.
- Pour cooled marinade over the seasoned meat, and mix by hand to coat. Seal the bowl, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Arrange the beef strips on the rack of a dehydrator, and sprinkle with a little bit more of the spice mixture and red pepper flakes if using. Dry for 5 hours, or to your desired dryness.
Photo by Pinterest