1. Before eating the spicy food, eat something sweet and cold, such as ice cream or fruit.
2. Put sugar in your mouth, and suck on it for about 20 seconds.
3. Drink milk or another dairy product.
4.Drink beer. The carbohydrates in the beer also coat your tongue and decrease the heat levels.
5. Eat something light and fluffy, such as wheat products, bread, muffins, bagels, etc.
6. Chew a good sized slice of lemon or lime with the skin to take away the spiciness. The oil from the citrus skin will strip the oil of the chili from your tongue.
7. Eat tomatoes.
- Do not drink plain water because water simply spreads the capsaicin around on your tongue.
- Do not suck out all the saliva!! That helps cool you down too.